Whenever negotiating settlements with insurance companies, there are several things you can do to increase how much you are going to receive.
You do this by presenting evidence and establishing liability. Getting help from Pennsylvania personal injury law firm Munley Law can also help out a lot.
You need to always keep all the documents that might be relevant to your case. Nobody knows when you will need it. Do all that you can to maximize how much you will get, including taking the tips below.
Maximizing Settlement Amounts
Right after the car accident, the taken steps determine how much you are going to receive from insurance companies. This is why it is so important to understand the legal options you have available, together with the actions that are going to increase the injury settlement.
An attorney can easily help you to get a maximum compensation but you can increase this by taking steps like:
- Seeking medical treatment as soon as possible.
- Quickly filling the injury claim.
- Collecting and preserving as much evidence as possible.
- Aiming for the claim’s full value.
- Including future, current, and past damages.
- Not accepting the very first offer without first reviewing it.
We need to reiterate that you should seek the legal consultation of a highly experienced personal injury lawyer. They will offer you guidance and will help you to avoid really common pitfalls. As an example, the lawyer will offer advice about public relations, proper communication, how to deal with insurance companies, and ways to act as professionally as possible.
Knowing What Damages You Are Entitled To
You have to explore absolutely all suffered damages. This can include but is not limited to:
- Medical Costs – Usually the highest part of the claim. You have to obtain absolutely all invoices, receipts, and medical reports. Medical expenses can include ER visits, recovery room stay, medical devices, in-home services, ambulance services, and more.
- Lost Income – Sometimes, you miss work as you recover. Lost benefits and pay should be included in the list of damages you are offered.
- Noneconomic Damages – These include loss of consortium and pain and suffering. You are even entitled to receive compensation for PTSD.
Establishing A Very Strong Claim
When you want to get the maximum possible statement, the claim has to be as strong as possible. The personal injury attorney can help you to establish fault and gain a lot of information that will strengthen the claim. This includes evidence like:
- Medical reports
- Accident reports
- Expert witnesses
- Eyewitness accounts
- Video footage
- Photo footage
The attorney will investigate every single aspect of the case so that all related facts are determined, together with injury responsibility. Also, you can work with the attorney to build a legal strategy so that you can actually fight for a very high settlement and that maximum compensation you want.
Negotiating with insurance adjusters is not at all easy to do. In fact, this is one of the toughest parts of the entire personal injury claim. Do not try to do it alone and you are going to drastically increase the possibility of getting more money.